The compact, user-friendly Evident/Olympus 72DL PLUS™ ultrasonic thickness gauge provides precise thickness readings at high speed. Users can accurately measure the thickness of very thin layers in the most difficult applications, thanks to its quick scanning, sophisticated algorithms, and the lowest-ever minimum thickness capabilities.
High-Frequency and Standard Frequency variants of 72DL PLUS thickness gauges are both available. The Multilayer Measurement Software can concurrently show the thickness of up to six distinct layers, and the High-Frequency model is capable of measuring ultra-thin materials like multilayer paint, plastics, metals, and coatings.
The ability to make quick, precise thickness measurements is included in all 72DL PLUS models:
- Easy operation and observation from different angles are made possible with a high-resolution touch screen
- The workflow, inspection management, alerts, and data analysis are integrated by a PC Interface Application
- Using digital filters, noisy materials (e.g., fiberglass) can be precisely measured with a high signal-to-noise ratio
72DL PLUS Features at a Glance
- Connected: Supports wireless LAN and Bluetooth®
- Versatile layouts: The measuring layouts A-Scan, B-Scan, A/B-Scan, Trend, and Zoom offer a precise representation of thickness variations
- Easy application setup: Develop custom programs to speed up device setup for standard inspections
- Customizable: Models for High Frequency and Standard Frequency, both with and without the Multilayer Measurement Software option
- Large, clear screen: 177.8 mm (7 in.) high-resolution touch screen WVGA display
- Efficient data management: PC Interface Application and internal data logging expedite data collecting and evaluation
- Cloud enabled: Wireless connection to the Olympus Scientific Cloud™ (OSC) and compatible OSC apps
- Long battery life: Up to 8 continuous hours
- Rugged: Designed for IP65
Image Credit: Evident Corporation
Intuitive User Interface with an Easy-to-View, Large Screen
- Access to the setup and measurement layouts is provided via a 177.8 mm (7 in.) full-color touch screen
- Using guided configuration, it is simple to adjust the parameters to suit user-specific needs
- Wide field of vision for excellent visibility in most environmental situations
An Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge Built for Industrial Environments
- Measures accurately throughout a broad operating temperature range of -10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)
- Can be used both inside and outside, on a work table, or with a shoulder strap or four-point chest harness
- Built for IP65 to fend off moisture and dust
- The touch screen, key buttons, and adjustment knob make controlling the device simple
- Drop tested (MIL-STD-810G) to prevent falls and lessen the requirement for expensive repairs
- Portable for the production floor, weighing 2.1 kg (4.6 lb)
Measure the Thickness of Up to Six Layers for Multilayer Coatings, Paint, Plastics, and Other Materials
Image Credit: Evident Corporation
The Multilayer Measurement Software provides measurements of multilayer thickness for up to six layers. The configuration workflow and touch-screen controls make it simple to access measurement parameters for each layer, encompassing material, velocity, target thickness ranges, and alarm thresholds.
72DL PLUS™ Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge | High Speed. High Frequency. High Precision.