Brookhaven Instruments has launched the Bl-200SM Research Goniometer System that offers access to dynamic light scattering (DLS) and static light scattering (SLS) studies with a modular, automatic and multipurpose system.
The Brookhaven Instruments Approach to Light Scattering
SLS & DLS with the BI-200SM from Brookhaven Instruments
Video credit: Brookhaven Instruments
Scientists at Brookhaven Instruments have elaborate experience in the development of methods and instruments for light scattering and this expertise has been integrated into the BI-200SM Research Goniometer to make it the perfect system available for research applications of light scattering.
With the BI-200SM Research Goniometer System from Brookhaven Instruments, this rich field of exploration presents new opportunities to study both SLS and DLS. Thus, the Bl-200SM Research Goniometer System allows users to access all these studies with a modular, automatic, and versatile system. This precision instrument has been developed to enable accurate scattering measurements.
Based on a unique turntable with a stepping motor and precision ball bearings, the contemporary design and quality construction of the Bl-200SM system ensure accurate measurements. This can be attributed to the wobble-free movement of the detector. The Bl-200SM system is field-proven in scores of laboratories and perfect for submicron particle sizing and macro-molecular analyses.
A new capability of the BI-200SM system has been developed by leveraging the numerous inputs available on the TurboCorr correlator. When an optical signal splitter is added to the scattered light beam and to a second detector, the effects of very high-speed interference can be eliminated from the detector(s). This Cross-Correlation System offers exceptionally clean data.
The modularity of the BI-200SM systems streamlines system expansion. Equipped with a regular optical rail, the BI-200SM system can be used with a polarizer, neutral density filters, a reference detector and an analyzer. Most often, unique sample requirements can be met by modifying the size or design of the cell holder.
Features at a Glance
- Particle size and size distributions
- Stepping motor-controlled, multi-angle measurements
- Rg, Mw, and A2 for dilute polymer solutions
- Avalanche photodiode detector option
- Cross-correlation detector option
- CONTIN, Guinier, Zimm, Fractal and more
Advantages of the BI-200SM Research Goniometer System
- Both SLS and DLS modes—correlation and intensity measurements
- Fine Adjustment control for angle: 0.01-degree fine adjustment to achieve over 14,000 angle increments.”
- Large angular range—15° to 155° with 12-mm cells; 8° to 155° with 25-mm cells
- Temperature control—heating and cooling through any regular external circulator; individual temperature and filtration plumbing are available
- Open design/standard optical rails—eases user customizations for unique purposes
- Alignment cell—fine-screw vertical adjustment makes it easier to locate the center of rotation
- Special design glass vats—exclusively polished and flat entrance window guarantees minimum flare
- Improved viewing optics—the combination of coated, precision achromats and behind-the-slit viewing and high-quality eyepiece make it easier to align
- Numerous laser line filters—filter wheel comes with 632.8 (HeNe), 514.5/488.0 nm (Ar+), two blank (shutter) positions, and one open position for weak scatterers. It is also supplied with a 532 nm bandpass filter
- A range of cell holders—high-precision cell holders as standard, low-cost round cells, 27.5 mm dilution vials fit cell holder sleeve; a unique small-volume cell is also supplied
- Additional alignment aperture—laser alignment is relatively simpler and faster