The characterization of proteins, polymers and nanoparticles often presents users with a complex choice of instruments. The highly configurable NanoBrook range of products from Brookhaven Instruments now makes that choice easier.
The NanoBrook Series is a Configurable Platform for Particle Sizing and Zeta Potential Measurements
The NanoBrook Series size and zeta potential analyzers integrate all the features required for rapid, routine, sub-micron measurements of both size and zeta potential.
A majority of the measurements are based on the principles of Doppler velocimetry [electrophoretic light scattering (ELS)] for zeta potential and based on dynamic light scattering (DLS) for particle sizing and distribution. Such measurements take only a minute or two.
Besides this, the instrument allows phase analysis light scattering (PALS) measurements for samples that have low mobility.
The NanoBrook Omni Combines all of the Most Common Configurations
The NanoBrook Omni allows users to quantify samples in virtually every possible suspension environment, ranging from high salts like seawater and PBS to aqueous solutions and organic solvents. Particle and protein sizing, with maximum sensitivity, use three measurement angles for truly neutral measurement results.
Features at a Glance
- Unimodal and multimodal size distribution software
- Fast and precise protein and nanoparticle size distributions
- Three measurement angles—15°, 90°, and 173°
- Range: <0.3 nm to 10 µm
- Results comply with ISO 22412 and ISO 13321 standards
- Temperature control: −5 °C to 110 °C
- Dynamic light scattering at 90° and173°
- High-power, 40-mW diode laser
- Perfect for rapid, routine sizing applications in quality control and research
- Molecular weight determination (absolute and relative through Debye plot)
- USB connection and compact bench-top unit
- Zeta potential for challenging cases
- For zeta potential in organic solvents
- For RNA, mAb, proteins, peptides, and other types of biological samples
- For samples close to the I.E.P.
- For high-salt suspensions
- For viscous or oily media
- Thousand times more sensitive compared to other methods
- Disposable cuvettes, no risk of contamination, and avoids the need for alignment
- Integrated automatic parameters and procedures (SOP)