The Teijin Group announced today that it will participate in Railway Interiors Expo Asia 2010, an international exhibition for railway and mass-transit interior design and technology, which will take place at the Asia World Expo exhibition center in Hong Kong from November 16 to 18. Teijin will appear in the trade fair for the first time to promote its expansion into the international railcar market.
The Teijin booths (stands 5025 and 5035) will feature the following key products:
- ELK(r) (ELASTY(tm)) high-performance polyester cushion material ELK is a high-performance material offering superior elasticity and breathability for excellent comfort, making it ideal for railcar seat cushions. In addition to resistance to yellowing, it is a recyclable material and does not produce toxic gases when burned.
- ECOPET(r) recycled polyester fiber
Railcar seat fabrics made of ECOPET can be combined with ELK cushions for fully recyclable seats.
- Tepyrus(tm) ultra-fine polyester short-cut fiber Artificial leather materials made with Tepyrus fiber offer luxurious-feeling textures suitable for use in railcar interiors.
- PANLITE(r) polycarbonate resin
Teijin will showcase the world's largest-class two-tone panoramic roof system, made with PANLITE using a proprietary polycarbonate compounding process.
- DMT Series silicon-based hard-coating agents DMT Series hard-coating agents realize superior scratch and weather resistance to protect railcar windows made of polycarbonate.
- Technora(r), Twaron(r) and Teijinconex(r) aramid fibers Heat/impact-resistant Technora and Twaron para-aramid fibers and heat/flame-resistant Teijinconex meta-aramid fiber are excellent materials for reinforcing railcar components, and for use in such wide-ranging items as brake parts and seat materials.
Based in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan, Teijin is a global technology-driven group operating in eight main fields: aramid fibers, carbon fibers, polyester fibers, plastics, films, medical & pharmaceuticals, fiber products marketing and IT businesses. Teijin Limited, the holding company for the Teijin Group, is listed on the Tokyo and Osaka stock exchanges. The group had consolidated sales of USD 8.5 billion (JPY 765.8 billion, USD 1=JPY 90) in fiscal 2009 and employs 18,778 people worldwide, with 156 companies around the world.