The quality control of fine powders ranging from 1 µm to 3 mm can be substantially improved with the new CAMSIZER XT from HORIBA Instruments. The CAMSIZER XT offers more precise and faster analysis of particle size and particle shape helps to improve product quality, save production costs, and eliminates waste.
The design of the CAMSIZER XT is based on the well-proven optical particle measurement system of the CAMSIZER, but is optimized for finer samples. In addition to an improved optical resolution, the CAMSIZER XT includes new options for material feeding which allow for an extended application range. Fine particles tend to agglomerate, which makes it difficult to record the properties of a single particle without changing the size or shape. This problem is compounded when considering the dispersive quality of the material being measured, whether it is pourable, dry or wet.
The CAMSIZER XT offers the modular X-Change system with three alternative dispersion methods:
Pourable, not agglomerated particles (X-Fall module) are fed to the analysis area by a vibrating feeder. With the dry dispersion unit (X-Jet module) agglomerated particles can be accelerated and dispersed through a nozzle with adjustable overpressure. Finally, particles can be dispersed in liquids in the wet module (X-Flow), optionally with ultra sound. Therefore, it is possible to choose the optimum method for each sample type.
- Digital image processing, according to ISO 13322-2, with patented two-camera-system
- Wide dynamic measuring range from 1 ìm to 3 mm
- Newly developed optical system with ultra-strong LEDs for highest resolution and excellent depth of sharpness
- Reliable detection of smallest amounts of "undersize" and "oversize"
- Very short measurement time of 1 - 3 minutes
- Modular system X-Change for dry and wet dispersion
- Measurement results are 100% compatible to sieve analysis if required