EPLAN PPE is CAE software developed for the planning and design of process automation for process-related machinery and plant. Beginning with higher-level function overviews (P&IDs), plant structures, PCT loops and entering the sensors and actuators required, the automatic drafting of a range of reports completes the comprehensive documentation.
Hence these reports supply the data required for downstream project phases such as production, assembly, commissioning and service. The design of the instrumentation and control technology is associated with other engineering disciplines such as electrical and fluid power technology on the EPLAN Platform right through to control cabinet design. This enables data exchange, accelerating the engineering process.
EPLAN PPE offers comprehensive import and export capabilities and is available as a stand-alone system or as an add-on to EPLAN Electric P8.
The key features of the EPLAN PPE are:
- Versatile – freely selectable workflow in instrumentation and control engineering
- Modular – for custom system solutions and end-to-end machine/plant documentation
- Interdisciplinary – P&ID and I&C documentation from start to finish
- Automatic – custom project documentation can be derived from the planning data
- Global – translation function based on a translations database
- Consistency – instrumentation and control technology as an integral component of the project documentation
- Reduction of time-consuming operations
- Less work thanks to reduced requirement to harmonise between technical departments
- Shorter design times with reliable project quality
- Increased quality of personal work
- Relief from routine tasks as they are taken over by automatic functions
- Greater focus on critical, critical, engineering-focused steps