The backbone of routine molecular analysis for organic chemists is 13C NMR. With this it is now possible to have the power of proton-carbon NMR in a benchtop instrument that one can use in the lab. It features excellent resolution and unique sensitivity.
The Magritek Carbon-13 Benchtop NMR is suitable for organic chemistry education, synthetic chemists, medicinal chemists, small molecule research scientists, post graduate chemistry students and practical laboratory classes.
The key features of Magritek Carbon-13 Benchtop NMR are:
- Low maintenance
- Easy to operate
- Exceptional performance
- No cryogens
- Low Cost
Example NMR Spectra of Lidocaine using Spinsolve Carbon
The figures show the example NMR spectra of Lidocaine using Spinsolve
Figure 1. 1D Proton with peak assignments.
Figure 2. 1D Carbon shows peaks of all carbons (top). Spectral editing using DEPT selects signals of CH3, CH2 and CH groups (rows 2-4)
Figure 3. 2D HMQC shows single-bond proton-carbon correlations.
Figure 4. 2D HMBC shows long-range proton-carbon correlations.
NMR Software - The power of simplicity
The software has the following benefits:
- Uncomplicated one-button operation
- Minimal user controlled parameters
- Simple intuitive graphical interface
- Traditional NMR complexities are hidden
- Automated and easy to use
Key features of the software are:
- 1D 1H, 19F and 13C experiments
- Standard 5mm NMR tubes
- 2D COSY and homonuclear j-resolved spectroscopy
- T1 and T2 relaxation experiments
- Spectral editing with DEPT
- Composite pulse decoupling
- 2D heteronuclear correlation experiments HETCOR, HMQC, HMBC
The specifications of the Carbon-13 Benchtop NMR are:
- Frequency: 42.5MHz Proton, 10.8MHz Carbon
- Resolution: 50% linewidth < 0.7Hz (16ppb)
- Lineshape: 0.55% linewidth < 20Hz
- Dimensions: 58 x 43 x 40cm
- Weight: 55kg
- Magnet: Permanent and cryogen free
- Stray field: < 2 G all around system
Other Spinsolve products
Other Spinsolve products include the following:
Spinsolve for Education
The key features are:
- 1D Proton only system
- Budget friendly price
The key features are:
- 1H and 19F nuclei
- Relaxation time experiments
- 2D COSY and JRES
- Reaction monitoring
Founded in 2004, Magritek is an advanced technology company exporting from Germany and New Zealand to customers all over the world. The initial technology and IP used in Magritek products was developed by research teams at RWTH Unviersity, Germany, and Massey University and Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
Today, Magritek provides complete NMR and MRI system solutions for the oil and gas industry, as well as components and subsystems suitable for research laboratories and education.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Magritek.
For more information on this source, please visit Magritek.