The integrated Ag ring electrode is a measuring electrode as well as a reference electrode. It needs less space in the titration vessel, and so the total volume can be decreased, leading to minimal wastage, yet still ensuring excellent results.
Ground-Joint Diaphragm for Reproducible Results
The Ag ring electrode is fitted with a ground-joint diaphragm that provides many benefits in comparison to a traditional diaphragm. The ground-joint diaphragm consists of a larger surface and ensures even outflow of electrolyte on every side. The signal is, therefore, more stable and the hazard of clogging, for example, by silver chloride, is minimized. This also enables its use in dirty samples without hindering the electrode’s performance.
Robust Silver Ring for the Highest Quality Demands
Since a silver ring is molten into the glass shaft of the electrode, it satisfies maximum quality requirements. The silver ring does not dissolve when the electrode is used in mineral acids of higher concentration, and it is possible to easily remove any deposits on the diaphragm. With regular maintenance, the quality of titrations will stay high and simultaneously, the service life of the electrode will be extended, thereby leading to a better return on investment.
Based on the application, an Ag ring electrode with an Ag2S, AgCl, or AgBr coating is suggested to be used to increase sensitivity.
- 6.00450.100—Ag ring electrode
- 6.00402.300—dAg ring electrode
- 6.00450.300—iAg ring electrode
- 6.2310.010—Reference electrolyte c(KNO3) = 1 mol/L, 250 mL
- The ground-joint diaphragm and the solid silver ring can be cleaned easily
- The uniform electrolyte outﬂow ensures precise results
- More sturdy: solid silver ring molten into the glass
- Less susceptible to failure of the electrode caused by a blocked diaphragm
- Suitable for potentiometric precipitation titrations with silver nitrate, for example, for cyanide or chloride assays
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Metrohm AG.
For more information on this source, please visit Metrohm AG.