Select Master Bond electrically insulative epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides, cyanoacrylates and UV cures to meet your specific application requirements. Both one and two component systems are available for use. They have different viscosities, cure times, hardness, colors, bond strength, temperature and chemical resistance, etc.
Special grades offer:
- Improved durability
- High and low temperature serviceability
- Excellent adhesion
- Resistance to vibration, impact, shock and thermal cycling
- Withstand exposure to a wide range of chemicals and water
- High elongation
- Thermal conductivity
- Comply with UL94V-0 flame retardant specification
- Ambient, elevated temperature or UV cures
- NASA low outgassing approved
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Low shrinkage
- Low stress
- High dielectric strength
- Low dielectric constant
Master Bond Electrically Insulative Adhesive Products
The following table summarizes Master Bond's range of electrically insulative adhesive products.
||Two part room temperature cured epoxy with 1:1 mix ratio. Excellent electrical insulator with superior dielectric properties. Volume resistivity 1014 ohm cm. Service temperature range -65°F to 250°F.
||One component, moisture cured silicone. Self leveling. Fast setting. Fast curing in thin layers. Service temperature range of -75°F to 400°F. Dielectric strength 500 volts per mil, Dielectric constant 2.5 (KHz). Volume resistivity 1x1014 ohm cm.
||Two part, low viscosity epoxy system for coating, bonding and potting. Optically clear. Excellent insulator with a volume resistivity of 1014 ohm cm. Dielectric strength 440 volts/mil. Service temperature range of -60°F to 250°F.
Typical Applications for Master Bond Electrically Insulative Products
Typical applications of Master Bond's range of electrically insulative products include:
- For high performance potting, sealing, coating and bonding assemblies
- High frequency, high voltage applications
- For use with electrical components in high vacuum environments
- Encapsulation of sensitive electronic and electrical assemblies requiring heat dissipation and thermal shock properties
- For protection of components in motor armatures
- For use in miniature transformers and wound capacitors
- For applications requiring excellent resistance to mechanical shock
- Insulation of coils and transformers
- Coating of bus bars and torroid cores
- For applications where a low coefficient of thermal expansion is necessary
- For staking transistors, diodes, resistors, and heat sensitive components to printed circuit boards
- Heat sink bonding and solderless connections
- For use in joining SMDs to single or double sided PCBs
- For electrical component insulation in motors under high voltage
- Insulation of magnet wire
- For coating of stators in electric motors
- Optical sensors and wave guides
- Alpha particle protection of memory die
- For assembly of sensitive hybrid microelectronics
- Optical/fiber optical devices
- Potting of connecters
- Glob top protections over SMDs
- Potting IC packages like BGAs or CSPs
- Bonding of ferrites for power-devices
- Perimeter/main seal for LCDs
- Fiber optic pigtailing
- Micro molding lenses for LCD projection
- COB glob top “dam” encapsulation process
- Spin coating in semiconductor applications
- Glass-glass adhesive for CCD/CMOS semiconductor devices
- Adhesion to flex circuits
- For use in manufacturing of hard disk drives
- Optoelectronic instrumentation and assemblies
- Impregnation/insulation of copper coil windings
- Laminating PZT ferroelectrics
- Die attach adhesive
Reliability and Performance of Master Bond Electrically Insulative Products
Master Bond's electrically insulative systems are designed to offer superior quality and long term durability. They have earned a well deserved reputation for their performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair, maintenance and field service.
Customized Packaging to Customer Specifications
Master Bond offers a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including...
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
New Electrically Insulative Epoxy Products Developed by Master Bond
Master Bond has recently introduced several wew electrically insulative epoxy products. These include:
||Low viscosity, optically clear epoxy. Ideal for thermal cycling and sensitive components. Has a room temperature or low elevated temperature cure.
||Flexible, lower viscosity, thermally conductive epoxy. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications.
||Superb general purpose, room temperature curing epoxy potting material. Easy to use. Suitable for casting 1-2” high. Also available in a USP Class VI biocompatible version.
||High temperature resistant epoxy capable of resisting 450°F. Also available in a USP Class VI medical grade. Resists repeated autoclaving. For best results, cure at room temperature followed by 150-200°F.
Electronic Grade Polymers for Electronic Manufacturing by Master Bond
Master Bond’s line of microelectronic formulations consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, acrylics and latex solutions. They include electrically insulative, thermally conductive and electrically conductive systems. Both one and two component compounds are available for use. These products are currently employed in applications ranging from heat sinking to glob tops to surface mounting. Many of these compounds have unique properties such as low thermal expansion coefficients, exceptionally high thermal conductivity, low stress, etc. Master Bond is also actively engaged in developing new products to keep pace with the rapid technological advancements in the microelectronic industry ranging from flip-chip technology to advanced die-attach processes.
Master Bond offers specialty systems for computers, telecommunications devices, audio/video devices, avionics and aerospace applications, as well as automotive manufacturing, interactive circuitry and advanced semiconductor equipment.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.