Electrically conductive adhesive EP21TDCS is the ideal candidate to replace lead soldering for electrical connections and packaging for electronic components. This two component, silver filled adhesive is widely used for high performance bonding and sealing. It readily develops high bond strengths after curing that are remarkably adaptable to thermal cycling and resistant to chemicals. Master Bond EP21TDCS is serviceable over the exceptionally wide temperature range of 4K to +275°F enabling it to be used in cryogenic applications. It is also RoHS compliant.
Why Not Stick with Lead Soldering?
Although lead soldering has been widely used and relied upon for decades, the impressive development and growth of adhesive technology has brought to light the advantages of using polymer compounds for the joining of electronic components. There are two main concerns that can be avoided with the use of polymer compounds. These include:
- Toxicity: Lead soldering results in harsh environmental impact. In fact, the impact is thought to be so bad that the European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS) prohibits the use of lead in consumer electronics.
- High temperatures: During the soldering process, the assembly is subjected to very high temperatures. Some temperature sensitive components in the near vicinity might be damaged due to this high temperature exposure. Lead solders can dissolve gold and form some brittle intermetallic compounds. In such cases, the mechanical strength of the joint is considerably reduced.
Benefits of Master Bond Electrically Conductive Adhesives
Master Bond electrically conductive adhesives are designed to quickly and easily bond electronic components while maintaining strength and durability. Various grades offer:
- Serviceability at high and low temperatures
- Low stress
- High shear and peel strength
- Resistance to thermal cycling
- Low outgassing certification
- USP Class VI approval
Cutting Edge Formulations
The Master Bond product line consists of advanced epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides, UV/LED cures and other specialty systems. Each compound is designed to meet specific application requirements. Master Bond creates environmentally friendly systems available in convenient packaging from small to large sizes.
Outstanding Technical Support
With years of experience in technical support, the Master Bond team will be able to assess your application and recommend the most suitable polymer system to meet your specifications. Master Bond will continue to guide you throughout the design, prototype and manufacturing process. Master Bond offers replacements for discontinued products.
Latest Technological Advancements
As a worldwide manufacturer of polymer compounds, Master Bond is continuously working with universities and R&D labs to improve product performance. Master Bond products are designed to maximize productivity, reduce waste, save energy and for dependable, long term durability.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.