Taber Rotary Platform Abrasion Tester (Model 5135 or 5155) is a precision-built instrument designed to perform accelerated wear testing. The instrument provides quick and reliable data and is the preferred choice for evaluating abrasion resistance.
First introduced in the 1930s, the Taber Abraser is being utilized for R&D, quality and process control, and material evaluation. It is employed to test a variety of materials and has been referenced in a number of standards and specifications, including coatings, plastics, leather, laminates, ceramics, paper, safety glazing, and carpeting.
The main features of the TABER Rotary Platform Abrasion Tester are:
- User-friendly operator interface features a four line digital display and tactile feel buttons. Easy on-screen instructions enables the operator to adjust the test parameters through the MENU button. Settings are stored by an internal memory.
- Includes specimen turntable speed control options of 60 rpm and 72 rpm.
- Vacuum system ensures proper operation of the instrument.
- A Quick Release Mounting Hub enables instant wheel mounting without the requirement for a locking nut, permits better clearance for the vacuum pick-up nozzle, and offers a larger viewing area for the test specimen.
- A beveled retaining nut ensures that wheels are securely locked until disengaged.
- Precision stainless steel weights are furnished to offer standard wheel loads of 500 and 1000 g. Weights are marked to display total load on each wheel.
- Enclosed in a rugged, sealed aluminum housing.