Taber’s V-5 Stiffness Tester - Model 150-B or 150-E has been specifically designed to determine materials’ stiffness and resiliency properties of up to 10,000 Taber Stiffness Units. Materials include sheet materials such as cardboard, paper products, plastics, rubber, metals, textiles, wires, felts, tubing, etc. This precision-built instrument provides test measurement to ±1.0% for specimens 0.004" to 0.219" thickness.
The Stiffness Tester Model 150-E includes an on-board computer that automatically measures and records stiffness testing data. It can also be operated in manual mode. Based on the original Taber V-5 Stiffness Tester, the Model 150-B Stiffness Tester is a manually operated instrument. It is lightweight and portable. Stiffness testing data can be manually recorded by users.
The main features of the V-5 Stiffness Tester are:
- Evaluates materials’ stiffness and resiliency properties
- Nine distinct ranges enable testing of both lightweight and rigid materials
- Lightweight and portable (Model 150-B)
- On-board computer automatically measures and records stiffness testing data (Model 150-E)
- Can also be used to evaluate the stiffness characteristics of wires and cables