Cambridge Technology’s Lightning II is a powerful and versatile scanning platform developed for via-hole drilling and a wide range of material processing applications. It offers low-drift during high duty cycles and high speed processing. With its 24-bit encoder galvos, the system assures excellent accuracy.
The Lightning II features three control interfaces for easy integration with traditional 16-bit XY2-100 control, digital H/W control via a fully synchronized ScanPack DLL control solution or the 24-bit GSBus.
The main features of the Lightning II system include:
- LII state-space servo determines laser position rapidly
- GSBus provides 24 bit, 8 channel, high bandwidth bi-directional communications
- Synchronous modulated ScanMaster™ laser control
- Beryllium mirrors ensure dynamic performance of the system
- LII PWM drive with 90% efficient amplifier for power generation
- Performance XY systems with air or water cooling options to support apertures in size range 14 to 30mm.