The EDGE X-5 5-axis waterjet cutting machine is offered by Jet Edge in many different sizes, ranging from 5’ x 5’ (1500 mm x 1500 mm) to 24’ x 13’ (7300 mm x 3900 mm). The productivity can be doubled by adding an optional second cutting head. Taper-free parts can be cut precisely from almost any material using the EDGE X-5 5-axis waterjet system. Complex 3D components - including impellers and bevels up to 50° - can be cut accurately with the waterjet system.
The EDGE X-5 5-axis waterjet is engineered to deliver reliable service in adverse industrial conditions. The motion system is isolated from the catcher tank, thanks to its sturdy design, this eliminates vibration and ensures optimum part quality. The Aquavision® Di industrial PC controller is used by the EDGE X-5, which is ball-screw driven for optimum accuracy. The system also comes equipped with single or double carriages and direct-couple AC brushless digital servo motors. Positive air pressure, brush seals and heavy metal covers protect key bearing components.
The main features of the EDGE X-5 5-axis waterjet cutting machine are as follows:
- High precision and accuracy
- +/- 0.001" Linear positional accuracy (over 12") - per axis’
- +/- 0.001" Repeatability (bi-directional)
- +/- 0.003” Renishaw ballbar tests of squareness and straightness (over 24“) at 70°F.
- Taper compensation
- A axis tilt = +/- 50°
- C axis rotation = +/- 440°
- Intelligent Work Envelope adjusts automatically to the cut angle
- Focal point design
- Industrial PC controller
- The ability to support multiple cutting heads leads to increased productivity
- Accurate and predictable return to path
- 300 IPM contouring and 500 IPM rapid positioning (460 V)