Jet Edge offers the Mid Rail Gantry waterjet system in various sizes, ranging from 5' x 5' (1500 x 1500 mm) to 24' x 13' (7300 x 3900 mm). This workhorse water jet system can cut complex components from almost any material. It is engineered to deliver reliable service in extreme industrial environments.
The Mid Rail Gantry waterjet system does not vibrate due to its sturdy design, which isolates the motion system and the catcher tank, this results in optimum part quality. Any Jet Edge waterjet pump can power the system and multiple cutting heads can be added.
The Mid Rail Gantry is equipped with the Aquavision® Di industrial PC controller and is ball-screw driven to achieve optimum accuracy. It also has single or double carriages and direct-couple AC brushless digital servo motors. Heavy metal covers protect key bearing components with positive air pressure and brush seals. Part cycle time can be halved with optional mirroring capabilities.
Aquavision® Di Controller
The Aquavision® Di Controller is considered the industry’s most sophisticated waterjet motion controller. The customized front end guides users through the process, starting from job set-up to production. Plate alignment, rotation, mirroring, single parts, and part arrays (optional) are available with a click of a button. The fully networkable controller enables the user to create part programs offline and transfer them to the hard drive of the system for production.
The following are the key features of the Mid Rail Gantry waterjet system:
- Superior accuracy and precision
- +/- 0.001" Linear positional accuracy (over 12") - per axis
- +/- 0.001" Repeatability (bi-directional)
- Vibration-free operation - due to isolation of the motion system from the catcher tank
- Sturdy design ensures lasting precision
- The combination of heavy metal covers and brush seals protects motion parts when compared to bellows, which are vulnerable to tear and puncture
- Accurate and predictable return to path
- Cuts virtually anything!
- 300 IPM contouring and 500 IPM rapid positioning (460 V)
- Easily loadable with a forklift or crane
- Part cycle time can be reduced to half with the optional mirroring