HidenIsochema’s ABR is a 100% automated breakthrough analyzer, with an in-built close-coupled mass spectrometer. The ABR is provided with various configurations to match research-scale samples, with bed volumes ranging from 2 cc to 20 cc.
A dedicated purge stream and up to six gas inlets are provided. Flow rates are chosen to suit the specific application, and it includes an ultra-low dead volume switching valve.
Options include an in-built vapor generator module for gas-vapor operation, and an upgrade for operation at pressures of 50 bar.
The ABR is configured to meet the requirements of researchers who aim to characterize the gas separation performance of new materials, such as zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIFs), metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), and covalent organic frameworks (COFs), without having to spend excessive time or money to synthesize larger quantities of material.
The advance data obtained complements the adsorption-desorption isotherms measured with HidenIsochema’s XEMIS, IGA, IGAsorp, and IMI sorption analyzers. This enables a highly detailed characterization of materials for gas separation applications.
- Specially designed for research-scale sample sizes with bed sizes from 2 cc
- Ultralow dead volume automated switching (process mixture/purge gas)
- Completely integrated close-coupled mass spectrometer
- Options for gas-vapor, gas-gas, vapor-vapor configurations
- Optional high pressure (50 bar) configuration
- Air separation
- CO2 capture
- Toxic gas removal
- Purifying and recovering noble gases
- Natural gas and biogas upgrading
HidenIsochema's Fully Automated Breakthrough Analysis with Integrated Mass Spectrometry – The ABR