Benefits of MBR
- Automated membrane gas permeation reactor with in-built mass spectrometry
- Enhanced for operation to 10 bar with reduced dead volume
- Precision engineered membrane cell with exclusive in-built support structure
Hiden’s MBR is a smart membrane testing reactor for examining the selective gas permeation properties of membrane materials for separation and purification applications. It is a completely automated system, and is supplied with an in-built close-coupled mass spectrometer.
- Operating pressure to 10 bar
- Ultralow dead volume automated switching valve
- Wide temperature range with options for 120 °C and 300 °C
- Multiple gas inlets compatible with a range of gases
- Completely integrated close coupled mass spectrometer
- Bespoke reactor design options
Hiden’s MBR is engineered for examining the selective gas permeation properties of membrane materials for separation and purification applications. It can be configured to assist operation in either cross flow mode and co-current flow mode to match specific applications requirements.
In co-current flow mode, a gas mixture is applied upstream of the membrane at a controlled pressure and composition, while an exclusive helium flow flushes the downstream side. The gas composition is then tested to evaluate the separation performance of the membrane material.
Alternatively, in cross flow mode, the MBR is operated without downstream sweep gas and the performance of the membrane is established by comparing the upstream and downstream gas compositions.
MBR – Membrane Testing Reactor for Gas Permeable Membranes