Considering the steep price and volatility of gold, the failure to detect even a slight difference can prove to be a costly mistake.
The Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer from Thermo Scientific™ now offers a rapid, precise, and most significantly, non-destructive approach to test the chemistry and purity of all precious metals.
The Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer rapidly detects counterfeit gold and gold plating and provides users with the precise elemental composition of coins and jewelry, so that they can be fully certain of the value of the precious metals they buy and sell.
The Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer provides precise analysis within seconds in a rugged, reliable and user-friendly package. The content of all gold and precious metals can be measured without having to manually alter the calibration based on the metal being analyzed — for example, silver (Ag), gold (Au), palladium (Pd) and platinum (Pt).
- More in-depth and faster analysis than fire assay with similar precision
- Faster, easier and more precise than nitric acid test techniques
- Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology enables efficient detection of a majority of gold-plated items
- Users can accurately find out both the presence and concentration of harmful heavy elements and other trace alloying elements, which could affect valuation and upcoming refining requirements
- Ergonomic design
- Point and shoot simplicity — can be used very easily, even by non-technical staff
- Non-destructive analysis with almost immediate results
- Perfect for retail environments
- Standard analytical range: >25 elements from S to U elements (based on the application)