Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Biomass Markets and Technologies (http://www.reportlinker.com/p0254414/Biomass-Markets-and-Technologies.html)
Biomass Energy Generation, Biofuels, and Bioproducts: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Biomass, already a large percentage of total renewable energy sources, is poised for strong growth in the years to come within three key sectors: biopower, biofuels, and bioproducts. Significant investments continue to be made in biomass research and development, and the pace of commercializing new technologies will increase during the next decade.
Many different feedstocks can be classified as "biomass" including corn and grains, plants and forest resources, construction/industry waste, agricultural and food industry wastes, terrestrial and aquatic energy crops, municipal waste and manure. Applications for biomass range widely, from power generation to heating, transportation fuels, chemicals, and plastics. The development of the biomass industry is in large part driven by government policies and mandates and, while world governments are likely to back away from some of the aggressive targets set a few years ago, Pike Research anticipates that biomass will continue to be a significant focus for energy policymakers.
This report analyzes the global market opportunity for biomass with a focus on power generation, biofuels, and bioproducts including plastics and chemicals. It provides a comprehensive examination of demand drivers, technology issues, policy and regulatory factors, and the worldwide landscape of industry players. Detailed quantitative analysis includes market forecasts for key biomass categories through 2035.
Key questions addressed:
- What is the potential for biomass energy generation to support economic growth, national energy security, and climate change issues?
- What is the timeframe for the development of cellulosic technology?
- What are the economic and technological considerations for biorefineries?
- What technologies are involved with biomass energy generation?
- How does land and transportation play into the deployment of biomass energy?
- What is the state of government policy and regulation regarding biomass?
Who needs this report?
- Biomass project developers
- Biomass technology providers
- Entrepreneurs and new business development groups
- Government agencies
- Investor community