The OIM Analysis™ from EDAX is a technique based on the automated collection and analysis of EBSD patterns. This mapping data offers information on the orientation, grain boundary structure, grain size and shape, phase distribution, and local deformation of crystallographic microstructures. OIM Analysis™ offers virtually infinite potential for investigating the wealth of information found in OIM scans.
What's New in OIM Analysis™ v8?
With the incorporation of new functionality and features, OIM Analysis™ v8 has reset the standard for EBSD data analysis capability and allows users to achieve new insight into microstructural characterization.
Standard Features of the OIM Analysis™
- OIM Maps: Provide colorful and meaningful graphics, which offer a valuable insight into material microstructures
- OIM Plots: Offer visualization of measured orientation and misorientation distributions
- QuickGen Toolbar: The QuickGen Toolbar is an intuitive starting point for analysis, delivering quick access to typically used maps, plots, and charts
- OIM Charts: Show numerical images of the measured microstructure with statistical information for simple comparisons
- OIM Analysis™ EBSD Indexing: Even the leading analysis tools may produce initial low-quality data. However, OIM Analysis™ has the resources to assess data quality and to improve it using EBSD pattern reindexing.
- OIM Templates: Offer an easy-to-use tool for performing repetitive, tailored analysis of OIM data
- OIM Batch Processor: Enables the preparation and analysis of several datasets easily and reliably in a single action
- Data Highlighting: Enables the analyst to identify particular data ranges and microstructural features on maps and plots
- Data Partitioning: Enables the splitting of OIM data into various microstructural subsets so that the different portions can be measured individually
- Interactive Analysis: Allows the analyst to conduct a manual interrogation of data so that the information of interest can be pulled out
- OIM Project Tree: OIM Project Tree is an intuitive data management structure for amateur and advanced users
- Comprehensive Analysis: It offers grouped functions for a broad range of focused analysis within an incorporated analysis package.
- Advanced Materials Properties Analysis
- Advanced Grain Analysis
- Advanced Texture Analysis
- Advanced Boundary Analysis
- Advanced Data Manipulation
- OIM 3D Visualization: OIM Analysis™ extends complete EBSD characterization into 3D EBSD.