Master Bond Inc. has developed the widest variety of flexibilized and toughened epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides and UV cures for special application requirements. These compounds offer high peel/shear strength, enhanced resistance to vibration, impact, shock and thermal cycling and serviceability at low/cryogenic to high temperatures. Adhesion to dissimilar substrates is outstanding.
These formulations vary in viscosity, cure times, electrical properties, colors, temperature and chemical resistance. Both one and two component systems are available for use.
Specific grades offer:
- Electrical and Thermal Conductivity
- NASA Low Outgassing Approval
- Superior Electrical Insulation Properties
- Outstanding Water and Chemical Resistance
- Cryogenic Serviceability
- Optical Clarity
- Easy Repairability
- Low Stress
- Adjustable Volume Resistivity
- Low Shrinkage
- High Dielectric Strength
- Low Dielectric Constant
- High Temperature Resistance
Our Most Popular Flexibilized and Toughened Systems
Master Bond's popular flexibilized and toughened systems are given below.
||Highly flexible two part room temperature curing system with outstanding adhesion to most rubbers. Shore D hardness of 30-35. High peel strength of 40pli @ 75°F and an elongation of >400% ast 75°F.
||Two part, room temperature curing polysulfide for bonding, coating, sealing and casting. Exceptionally tough. Service temperature range of -80°F to 250°F. One to one mix ratio. Shore D hardness of 35/40.
||One part, no-mix, heat-cured epoxy system with high toughness. Outstanding heat and thermal cycling resistance. High peel and shear strength. Service operating temperature range of 4K to 400°F.
Master Bond Flexibilized and Toughened Systems are Used in a Wide Range of Applications
Master Bond flexibilized and toughened systems are used in applications including:
- For the bonding and sealing of a variety of substrates which exhibit different coefficients of thermal expansion
- Impact and vibration resistance
- General purpose thermal cycling
- Boroscopes and doublets
- Various gasketing applications
- A low modulus, low stress seal
- Attaching guide wires and catheter balloon bonding
- Protection of CSPs from mechanical shock and vibration
- For use in select spacecraft electronic applications
- In vacuum impregnation where rigid epoxy would be inappropriate
- For the bonding of delicate parts or parts where stress may be encountered
- Excellent adhesion to many metal, plastic, glass, and rubber substrates.
- For the bonding, sealing, and potting of sensitive optical components
- For encapsulating intricate electrical and electronic components
- For the encapsulation of heat-generating devices and modules >
- For bonding of stress sensitive devices. Piezoelectric and micro-machined sensors
- Sound dampening
- To provide low stress on surface mount components
- For assembly of flexible circuits
- Solder replacement in select situations
- Assembling heating elements
- For attaching heat sinks to electrical components
- For the potting of transformers and inductors
- Bonding flexible substrates and connectors
- Encapsulating coils, potentiometers and modules
- Cable joints/terminations
- Optoelectronic transceiver modules
- Bonding of semiconductor, capacitor, and resistor chips in micro and optoelectronic hybrid circuit fabrication
- To mold and cast cable connectors, harness assemblies, wiring, and other elastic components
High Reliability and Performance
Master Bond's flexibilized and toughened systems are designed to offer superior quality and long-term durability. They have earned a well-deserved reputation for their performance upon exposure to hostile environmental conditions. Select from a wide range of systems conveniently packaged for ease of use. These compounds are available in different viscosities, cure times, chemical resistances, electrical properties, colors, etc. to best meet specific requirements. They are presently employed in applications ranging from design and production to repair, maintenance and field service.
Packaged the Way You Need It
We offer a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including:
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
Newest Grades Of Flexibilized and Toughened Adhesive, Sealant and Coating Systems
Master Bond's newest grades of flexibilized and toughened adhesive, sealant and coating systems are given below.
||Exceptional flexibility and high peel strength. Elongation over 150%. Cures at room temperature. Low exotherm during cure. Serviceable at cryogenic temperatures.
||Low viscosity, optically clear, room temperature curing, two component epoxy system. Resists severe thermal cycling and shock. Long working life. Bonds well to similar and dissimilar substrates.
||Toughened epoxy stem cures at room temperatures. Bonds well to dissimilar substrates with different coefficients of expansion and contraction. Exceptional vibration, impact and shock resistance. Excellent electrical insulation properties.
||Silver coated, nickel-filled, electrically conductive epoxy adhesive. Superior toughness. Very low volume resistivity. Cures at room temperature. Convenient one to one mix ratio.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.