The THMS600 is among the most extensively employed heating and freezing microscope stages. Until now, thousands of stages have been sold all over the world. The THMS600 is employed in several applications requiring maximum heating/freezing rates, and 0.01 °C accuracy and stability are needed. The temperature range of the THMS600 is −196 °C to 600 °C.
Rapid characterization of samples can be done by heating them to within a few degrees of the needed temperature at a rate of about 150 °C/min with minimal overshoot, then slowed down to a few tenths of a degree per minute to carefully observe the variations in the sample. The whole experiment can be exported to a spreadsheet application.
For this stage, there are different version choices, including vacuum, pressure, electrical sample measurement, and sample holders to mount the stage vertically in X-ray or IR spectrometers.
- Diameter of sample area is 22 mm
- 16 mm XY sample manipulation
- Light aperture is 2.0 mm Ø
- Working distance of objective lens is 4.8 mm
- Single ultra thin lid window of 0.5 mm
- Minimum working distance of condenser lens is 12.5 mm
- Temperature stability is less than 0.1 °C
- Using water cooling pump, the stage body can be cooled for high-temperature work greater than 300 °C
- 100 ohm platinum resistor sensor, 1/10th Din Class B to 0.1 °C
- Temperature range is from −196 °C to 600 °C (cooling option required)
- Can be heated up to 150 °C/min and cooled to 100 °C/min using LNP96 cooling pump
- For atmospheric control, quick-release gas valves are used
- Has silver heating block for high thermal conductivity
- Can be used with all microscope methods
- Ideal for Laser Raman, Confocal, and X-Ray
- Range of condenser extension lenses available
- Without removing the stage lid, sample side loading can be performed
- Coolant can be directly injected into the silver block