Originally based on the design of the extremely successful THMS600 stage, the THMSG600 has been subsequently upgraded and altered especially for geological applications.
Unmatched temperature control and accuracy allow the customer to characterize fluid inclusions to above 0.1 °C and maintain 0.001 °C stability. The temperature range of THMSG600 is −196 °C to 600 °C.
For a “Limit” or “Hold” command where the temperature is stable to 0.1 °C, the response time is just 0.1 seconds at 30 °C/min.
After placing the sample on a 7-mm quartz cover slip, a pure silver lid can be placed on top to form an oven, thereby enabling the sample to be heated from every side, guaranteeing an absolutely uniform temperature.
The LNP96 liquid nitrogen cooling system enables a wide range of cooling rates from 0.01 °C/min to 150 °C/min. Using proprietary tubing and pumps, this highly effective liquid nitrogen pump controls the pumping rate to ensure minimal liquid nitrogen is required and a consistent smooth cooling curve irrespective of the rate chosen.
The innovative T96-LinkPad temperature controller with LCD touch screen control can be used to rapidly program a temperature profile by just tapping the onscreen controls. The rates of heating have also been increased up to 150 °C/min to allow even quicker characterization. The system can be upgraded by adding the instinctive LINK software to control the system from the PC, as well as to capture both digital images and data.
THMSG600 Geology System Specifications
- Temperature range is from −196 °C to 600 °C
- Temperature stability less than 0.1 °C
- Heating can be done up to 150 °C/min
- Diameter of sample area 22 mm
- Diameter of light aperture is 1.3 mm
- Size of stage body is 135 mm x 92 mm x 21.7 mm
- 16 mm XY sample manipulation
- 100 Ohm platinum resistor sensor
- Has quick-release gas valve for atmospheric control
- Single ultra thin lid window—0.17 mm
- Can be attached directly to the microscope substage for stability
- Working distance of objective lens is 4.8 mm
- Has silver heating block for high thermal conductivity
- Direct introduction of the coolant into the silver block
- Appropriate for Laser Raman, Confocal, and X-ray
- Minimum working distance of condenser lens is 12.5 mm
- Sample side loading without removing the stage lid
- Using water cooling pump, the stage body can be cooled for high-temperature work greater than 300 °C