The RHGen Relative Humidity Controller is designed to offer environmental sample control to Linkam’s temperature stages.
The RHGen offers accurate control in a small, self-contained package that does not require an external dry air supply. The RHGen allows users to control the temperature and relative humidity within a stage. Humidity can significantly impact a material’s properties, ranging from cosmetic surface effects to changes in a sample’s mechanical properties and chemical changes such as polymorph formation.
The RHGen is used for a variety of purposes, including testing and characterizing new photovoltaic materials, researching new battery technologies, and characterizing pharmaceuticals.
The RHGen Controller was designed to work with RH versions of Linkam’s THMS600, MFS, HFS600, and LTS420 stages. It can also be used with any other sealed chamber up to 2000 cc in volume.
In contrast to other humidity systems, no expensive dry air supply is required. A specifically made automatic recycling desiccant system dries the ambient air. The humidity control system can be left on for months at a time.
A sensor has been placed inside the chamber to create a feedback loop for the controller, in addition to monitoring the humidity of the air supplied to the chamber.
For oxidation-sensitive applications, the RHGen can be equipped with an optional Inert Gas Regulator (IGR), which enables nitrogen or other inert gases to be used as the carrier gas.
- Stand-alone humidity generator and controller that can also be used to log sensor data with LINK or NEXUS software
- Maximum controllable volume 2000 cc
- The recycling desiccant system automatically dries ambient air, offering humidity control for months at a time
- The relative humidity value is entered using the touchscreen display
- Long cycle times
- Nitrogen carrier gas has an inert gas regulator module (maximum input 5 Bar)
- Sensor validation chamber and salt ampoule testing kit are included
- Stability at control value +/–0.5%
- Sensor Type: Combined temperature and humidity digital capacitance sensor
- Recommended range: 5% to 90% RH
- Sensor Response ~8 second