The TSu (Thermal Screening Unit) allows for the rapid screening of both thermal and pressure hazards in reaction mixes and samples on the same compact platform. It typically finds application in:
- Screening of reaction hazards in process development and scale-up
- Stability studies on reaction waste streams
This is due to its ability to characterize sample pressure changes in addition to thermal behavior, and its capability in supporting relatively large sample measurements. As such, it can be considered a superior alternative, technique to the classical DSC/DTA (Differential Scanning Calorimetry/Differential Thermal Analysis) methods.
Features and Options
Test Cell Type and Volume
- Standard ARC-type and high Phi-factor test cells.
- Available in Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, and glass.
- Volume range 0.5 ml to 10 ml.
- Ambient to 500 °C.
- Optional: Low-temperature addition (starting at -20 ⁰C or -40 ⁰C dependant on oil circulator) for testing of highly unstable chemicals.
High Pressure and Vacuum Systems
- Pressure range 1 to 150 bar.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the TSu system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Customizable standard plans allow for easy running of the system with automated heating, detection of gas generation, and safety steps.
- Optional: Bespoke testing methods.
- Automatic, user-configurable hazard detection and shutdown procedures to ensure user safety.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system