The PolyCAT 4 is a bench-top, automated parallel catalyst screening platform, designed for the rapid screening of high-pressure reactions and catalysts. The 4 reactor variant, supports reactors ranging from 16ml to 500ml. As with the fully automated ChemSCAN, each stirred reactor is independently controlled and monitored, allowing screening tests to be carried out concurrently and accelerating development time.
Features and Options:
Vessel Types and Volumes
- The system supports four reactors in parallel operation. Reactor volumes range from 16ml to 500ml, available in SS316 Stainless Steel or Hastelloy.
- Ambient to 250 ⁰C.
- Options to decrease the range down to -40 ⁰C (circulator dependent)
- A separate mantle around each reactor allows the temperature to be controlled individually, with a range/difference of over 100 °C between the reactors.
High Pressure and Vacuum Systems
- Each reactor can be independently pressurized up to 200 bar.
- Pressure gauges, or optional transducers, enable reaction pressure monitoring.
- Reactors can be set to different start pressures, allowing the controlled stirring to initiate the reaction.
- Availability of manual purge and gas feed for each reactor.
- Indirect agitation with magnetic stirrer bar as standard.
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small-scale and non-viscous samples.
- Optional Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the PolyCAT 4 system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Experiments can be designed to:
- Run all reactions at the same temperature and pressure -while varying the catalyst or reagents.
- Keep catalyst loads identical but vary the initial pressure.
- Run individual reactors with different loads, pressure, and temperatures
- Include automatic user-configurable reaction detection and shutdown procedures, to ensure user safety.
- Compact manifold for easy manual purge and pressurization.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system