The PolyBLOCK 4 is a highly versatile, compact 4-reactor, automated parallel synthesis platform, for use in general chemical synthesis within R&D and process development, and more bespoke applications, such as long-term stability studies. The four independently controlled reaction zones make PolyBLOCK 4 especially well-suited for DoE campaigns and the platform’s modular design enables its capabilities to be easily expanded and adapted as research interests evolve.
Application modules that can be added include:
- Solubility/crystallization monitoring
- Online calorimetry option
- Catalyst screening
It supports reactor volumes of up to 500 ml, and is equipped with adaptors to support a range of reactor types and sizes, including integration with H.E.L’s catalyst screening CAT reactors. Additional functionality modules include:
- Liquid dosing
- Gas feed
- Liquid sampling, including integration with the ASU
- Quick-connect refluxing option
- Quick-connect inerting solution
- pH monitoring
The system is also available in a high-pressure variant.
Features and Options:
- Ambient to 250 ⁰C (without external cooling)
- Options to decrease the range down to -40 ⁰C (circulator dependent)
- Separate mantle around each reactor allows the temperature to be controlled individually, with a range/difference of over 100 °C between the reactors
- Indirect agitation with magnetic stirrer bar as standard.
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small-scale and non-viscous samples.
- Optional Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the PolyBLOCK 4 system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Include automatic user-configurable reaction detection and shutdown procedures, to ensure user safety.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system.
- Easy quick-connect solution for condensing and inerting in larger reactors. Seals allow condensers to be removed without cooling liquid spillage.
- Also available reflux and inerting block, with adapters for vials, tubes, and reactors
- Vessel types are available in Glass, Stainless Steel, or Hastelloy. With reactor volumes up to 500 ml.
- High Pressure and Vacuum Systems available, more details on our high-pressure system can be found via PolyBLOCK High Pressure.
- Sampling Systems through active pumps, manual dip tubes, automated level control, or multisampling units, like the ASU.
- Reagent Addition through fully automated liquid and gas feeds as well as volumetric syringe pumps. These solutions can be applied to both high and low-pressure systems.
- Control Options all relevant inputs can be logged, enabling automated monitoring and, where appropriate, feedback control of the reactor system.
- Sensor Options
- Temperature, pressure, pH, turbidity, conductivity.
- Integration of third-party probes is possible, such as in-situ FTIR, particle sizing probes and Raman probes.