Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials Merge Copper Tube Operations

Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials have agreed to merge their copper tube businesses in Japan and South East Asia, thus forming a joint venture. The joint venture will take effect as of April 1.

Kobe Steel will own 55% of the joint venture, with Mitsubishi Materials owning the remaining 45%

The joint venture will be called Kobelco & Materials Copper Tube Ltd (KMC). It will be Japan’s largest copper tube manufacturer with a local market share of 35%, as well as having a 30% share of the South East Asian region.

Copper tubes are commonly used in air conditioners and refrigerators.

For more information on copper, click here.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    Kobe Steel. (2019, March 19). Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials Merge Copper Tube Operations. AZoM. Retrieved on October 16, 2019 from https://www.azom.com/news.aspx?newsID=1048.

  • MLA

    Kobe Steel. "Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials Merge Copper Tube Operations". AZoM. 16 October 2019. <https://www.azom.com/news.aspx?newsID=1048>.

  • Chicago

    Kobe Steel. "Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials Merge Copper Tube Operations". AZoM. https://www.azom.com/news.aspx?newsID=1048. (accessed October 16, 2019).

  • Harvard

    Kobe Steel. 2019. Kobe Steel and Mitsubishi Materials Merge Copper Tube Operations. AZoM, viewed 16 October 2019, https://www.azom.com/news.aspx?newsID=1048.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Submit