Chemical Market Associates, Inc. (CMAI) will host, for the seventh time in the U.S., the Plastics Processors Conference & Industry Workshops this year in Chicago, Illinois, at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago on September 20-21, 2010.
This conference will feature CMAI's professional consultants who will discuss the most current and timely events impacting the global plastics and polymers industry. Some key topics which will be covered at the conference include:
- Overview of the PE, PP, PS, EPS, ABS, PET, PVC, PC, Nylon and PBT markets
- Gain valuable insight into the industry dynamics impacting resin prices
- A comprehensive review of energy markets and economic drivers
- Coverage of near term market issues and a look ahead at supply/demand and prices
- Get a better understanding of the upstream fundamentals which influence cash costs
- Ask our CMAI industry consultants the questions you have always wanted to ask
- Network with fabricators, converters and end-users from diverse markets
In addition, CMAI will offer two concurrent Industry Workshops: Commodity Resins and Engineering Resins. Designed and taught by CMAI professionals, these workshops are a one of a kind opportunity to get acquainted with the most relevant concepts in these important polymer sectors. The Commodity Resins Workshop focuses on the high volume resin sectors (PE, PP, PVC, PS and PET) and how the global market dynamics of these resins and their feedstocks are impacted by both upstream energy/petrochemicals and the downstream converted product business. The Engineering Resins Workshop focuses on Nylon, ABS, Polycarbonate, POM and PBT market sectors. The workshop examines how the global markets of these engineered polymers are connected to the petrochemical industry and the major end-use applications from these polymers. These two workshops will effectively bring today's business person up to speed with the terminology, technology and key cost elements in the supply chain.