Dow Formulated Systems, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company, will showcase its most recent developments of composite systems at the JEC Europe 2013 Composites Exhibition in Paris, March 12 – 14. Building on Dow’s leadership in material science, with a unique combination of polyurethane and epoxy chemistry together with the recent DowAksa joint venture for carbon fiber, these solutions enable efficient fabrication of stronger, lightweight and more durable composites in markets, such as construction, infrastructure, wind energy and transportation.
At stand P 14 – located by JEC’s main entrance – visitors can look forward to seeing composites in versatile applications using established fabrication processes, such as:
- Filament Winding: Compress Natural Gas (CNG) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) pressure vessels made with VORAFORCE™ TW series epoxy systems.
- Long Fiber Injection: A new 800 mm diameter, D 400 manhole cover made with VORAFORCE™ KN and an in-mold coated tractor bonnet made with VORAFORCE™ TL.
- Pultrusion: Seawall and ladder profiles made with the new VORAFORCE™ TP 1200 polyurethane system, offering faster line speeds, toughness and the opportunity for low emission processing.
- Resin Transfer Molding: Automotive Rear Seat Base produced with VORAFORCE TM 5200 epoxy formulation. The next-generation, fast-cure, VORAFORCE™ 5000 and 7000 series resin formulations, and BETAMATE TM / BETAFORCE TM adhesives for automotive composite applications.
- Rotational Molding: ROTAKOTE™ P – a new elastomer, designed particularly for wet environments that occur in the paper industry and in higher temperature applications such as in steel manufacturing.
- Vacuum Infusion: Innovative curved panels for construction made with VORAFORCETM TF epoxy systems and an enhanced epoxy infusion system as well as an innovative adhesive technology addition to the AIRSTONE TM product line for wind blade composites.
Carbon fiber advantage within walking distance
In addition to the Dow booth, visitors are invited to see the DowAksa booth K45, pavilion 1. This joint venture between Dow and Aksa offers significant advantage to develop, manufacture and globally market carbon fiber and derivatives to support the rapidly expanding carbon-fiber-based composites industry.
According to Francesca Pignagnoli, marketing manager for Dow’s composites group, “By introducing and developing Dow VORAFORCE TM solutions, we are enabling composite fabricators to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of their products and processes, in order to help them grow their presence and success in the market.”