Cytec Industrial Materials will be exhibiting at Composites Engineering 2013, NEC, Birmingham, on Booth No.: D182.
At the show, Cytec will focus on new products and technologies that are a reflection of the company’s focus on value-added innovation. These products provide solutions to customers in Cytec’s key markets and include:
- Snap cure resin systems and process technology for the serial automotive industry, which will be demonstrated on the Cytec stand with a pressed rear bulkhead cap component.
- New high temperature ceramic materials which have been developed specifically for use in the Motorsport industry. These are designed for applications such as lightweight heat shields and ducts operating at temperature of up to 800°C for short periods. .
- MTM® 348FR which is new and unique versatile curing epoxy resin prepreg matrix designed for railway applications. MTM348FR offers fire protection on railway vehicles to meet Category HL2 of CEN T45545-2.2013 and HL3 under specific circumstances, has excellent mechanical properties and is ideal for the manufacture of lightweight composite components for both interior and exterior structural and non-structural applications.
- Vac-Pak® E7760W, a release film ideally suited to aerospace applications and a suitable alternative to other, higher elongation and PVF films. Vac-Pak® E7760W is a high modulus film suitable for use with all commonly used resin systems up to 204°C and works particularly well with ATL/AFP applications. It is excellent for mildly contoured or flat parts as it lies flat and smooth with very few wrinkling issues when compared with other, more pliable, films.
- Cytec‘s Extra Wide High Temp Nylon Film and co-ex film capability, specifically developed to meet the needs of the aerospace and wind energy markets. Indeed this film can run as wide as 4.7 meters LFT / 9.4 meters sheets for co-ex film and enables the manufacturing of significantly larger components much more efficiently (labour, time and material costs).
Our stand will display a number of components manufactured with Cytec’s materials to illustrate what is achievable with lightweight advanced composites; and our team will be on hand to discuss all of our exhibits and you immediate future requirements.
About Cytec Industrial Materials
Cytec’s Industrial Materials segment provides advanced composite and process materials for aerospace, automotive, wind energy, motorsport, marine, mass transportation and other demanding applications. Our focus on technology and application expertise allows customers to adopt more efficient manufacturing approaches. Our product portfolio supports the end-to-end manufacturing of composite parts and includes tooling, fibre, prepregs, resin systems, vacuum bagging, and adhesive, resin and surfacing films.