PRIAS ™ from EDAX is an imaging method developed to visualize microstructures and gain insight into material samples. It consists of an EBSD camera and 25 positional electron detectors, which ensure excellent flexibility in collection and visualization of an image.
The detector signals produced by PRIAS ™ can be computationally compared, and the difference in signal is showed as a coloured or greyscale image.
PRIAS ™ features a comprehensive toolbox for colouring, processing and acquiring the required information from the images produced through multiple positional detectors. It also offers remarkable flexibility in imaging microstructures.
The main features of the PRIAS ™ are as follows:
- Three operational modes: PRIAS ™ Collection, PRIAS ™ Analysis and PRIAS ™ Live
- Quick identification of the grain boundaries and microstructure
- Compatible with Transmission-EBSD (T-EBSD)
- 25 positional electron detectors ensure unprecedented flexibility in visualization and collection of image
- Comprehensive toolbox for collecting, colouring and processing useful information
The major applications of the PRIAS ™ include: