Master Bond Inc. manufactures a wide range of epoxy, silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide, cyanoacrylate and UV cure systems for the assembly of transportation equipment.
Specific Master Bond grades offer:
- High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates
- Improved durability
- High and low temperature serviceability
- Resistance to vibration, impact, shock and thermal cycling
- Withstand exposure to a wide range of chemicals and water
- Superior electrical insulation properties
- Thermal and electrical conductivity
- Comply with UL94V-0 flame retardant specification
- Ambient, elevated temperature or UV cures
- NASA low-outgassing approved
Master Bond products are successfully employed in aerospace, railroad, automotive, agriculture, construction, machinery, motorcycle and utility vehicle manufacturing applications.
Most Popular Products
Master Bond's most popular products are given below.
||One part, heat cured, structural adhesive with outstanding toughness and durability. High sheer and peel strength. Long working life.
||Two part epoxy with one-to-one mix ratio system with high peel strength. Good for shock, vibration, and thermal mismatches. Service temperature range of -100°F to 350°F.
||Fast setting & curing, general purpose, 5 minute epoxy with a one-to-one mix ratio. Has long term durability and is available in a convenient gun kit for easy dispensing.
Master Bond Products Are Used in a Wide Range of Transportation Applications
Master Bond products are used for the following transportation applications:
- Aircraft interior applications
- Thermal and acoustic insulation systems
- Sealing of deck, hardware and hatches
- Fittings, seams and keel joints
- Lap joint bonding in automotive applications
- For bonding structural headliner systems to outer roof panels
- In car motors for:
- Flange bonding
- Armature wire unitizing
- DC motor magnet to can bonding
- Bearing mount assembly
- Wire tacking on PCBs
- In automotive speakers for:
- Bonding spider to voice coil
- Bonding speaker cone to the voice coil
- Bonding magnets and speaker frames to pole pieces
- In automotive headlamp assembly for:
- Bonding lens to reflector
- Polycarbonate lens to PBT, PET, or polycarbonate housings
- Glass vent hole sealing without bead plug
- PCV valves
- Radiator temperature and pressure sensors
- ABS modules
- Electronic stability control modules and sensors
- Adaptive cruise control modules
- Radar and mass flow sensors
- Ignition control modules
- Oil temperature sensors
- Tension regulator modules
- Transmission box connectors
- Honeycomb bonding
- To bond solid ferrite stator magnets to the steel casing of motors
- Energy absorbers in locomotives
- In defense aircraft for fabrication of
- Radar transparent radomes
- Foreplane canard wings
- Wing skins
- Fin tip
- Rudder control system
- Flying control surfaces
- In helicopters for
- Rotor hub
- Bonding of engine/body fairings and access panels
- Boom and tail section
- Bonding of fuselage panels
- For assembly of motorcycle components
- Solar-powered vehicles
- Satellite launchers
- Structural bonding in the assembly of RVs
- Pedestal liner system for locomotives
- AC drive technology in locomotives
- Bonding of handlebars on snowmobiles and ATVs
- Attachment of seat pads on snowmobiles and ATVs
- Fabrication of snowmobile engines
- Corrosion protection for locomotives
- Adhesives/coatings for moisture protection
Packaged the Way You Need It
We offer a wide array of packaging options to speed productivity, minimize waste and save energy including:
- Quantities from grams to gallons
- Cans, bottles and jars
- Cartridges for manual and pneumatic guns
- Premixed and frozen syringes
- Bipaks for field service kits
New Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings for the Transportation Industry
Given below are Master Bond's new adhesives, sealants and coatings for the transportation industry.
||Single part, room temperature curing system for bonding polyolefins without surface preparation.
||Two part, toughened, room temperature curing epoxy that is ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates. Offers both high peel and shear strength properties.
||Non-drip, easy to use, general purpose two part epoxy adhesive and sealant. Rigidity and flexibility can be altered by varying the mix ratio.
||Specialty two part epoxy with wide applicability for bonding, sealing & coating of plastics such as acrylics and polycarbonates.
||Rapid curing, one part, no mix epoxy. Requires elevated temperature cure of 250-300°F. Ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates. Will not flow when cured.
||Low viscosity, cryogenically serviceable epoxy with excellent physical properties for bonding or potting. Withstands cryogenic shocks. Superior electrical insulation properties. Optically clear.
||Thermally conductive, two component epoxy with paste consistency. Cryogenically serviceable. High temperature resistant for bonding and sealing. Cures at room temperature.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Master Bond Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Master Bond Inc.