The Master Bond EP30P offers outstanding adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and is particularly well suited for bonding glass, polycarbonates and acrylics. This dimensionally stable system is also a superior electrical insulator and has low shrinkage upon curing. Its low viscosity makes it an excellent encapsulating and potting compound. EP30P produces high strength, rigid bonds which are remarkably resistant to chemicals including water, oil, acids and many solvents.
EP30P meets FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for indirect food applications. It has outstanding optical clarity. The colors of Parts A and B are both transparent, and as such, mixing should be performed carefully. The system is often recommended for optical, fiber-optic, opto-electronic, aerospace and electronic applications. Most important, EP30P will not induce crazing or stress cracking when bonding to polycarbonates and acrylics.
- Index of refraction, 75 °F: 1.56
- Volume resistivity, 75 °F: >1014 ohm-cm
- Mixed viscosity, 75 °F: 1,200-1,400 cps
- Service temperature range -60 °F to +250 °F [-51 °C to +121 °C]
- Hardness, 75 °F: >75 Shore D
- Tensile strength, 75 °F: 7,500-8,500 psi