The DAWN® HELEOS® II multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector is compatible with most HPLC, GPLC, FPLC, or Eclipse FFF separation systems for ascertaining the absolute size, molecular weight and conformation of nanoparticles and macromolecules in solution without referring to any calibration standards.
With excellent optical engineering, 18 detection angles, and several optional add-ons, the DAWN HELEOS II MALS detector offers an extremely wide range of measurement, sensitivity, and versatility.
The HELEOS II operates along with the Optilab® T-rEX™ or 3rd-party refractive index detector and also the ViscoStar® II differential viscometer. Along with the chromatography mode, the HELEOS II is compatible with the Calypso® II composition-gradient system for studying macromolecular/biomolecular interactions without labeling or immobilization, or in batch mode (off-line) for the average size and solution molar mass using microcuvettes, syringe injection, or scintillation vials.
The key features of the DAWN® HELEOS® II multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector are:
- Range of molar mass is from 200Da to 1GDa (may vary with molecular composition or solvent)
- Sensitivity in SEC-MALS mode: 0.2µg BSA in PBS or comparable polystyrene in toluene
- The temperature range is ambient, -15°C to +150°C, and RT to +210°C models available
- Range of rms radius Rg: 10 to 500nm (up to 1000nm with specific shape models)
- Optional integrated modules are WyattQELS™ dynamic light scattering detector for particle sizes from 0.3nm to 200nm (Rh), and the COMET™ ultrasonic flow cell cleaner
- Alternatives are provided for laser wavelengths, fluorescence filters, and polarization filters
- ASTRA® software offers a complete set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles