The Optilab® T-rEX™ (refractometometer with EXtended range) from Wyatt Technology is designed for use with HPLC, FPLC, FFF or GPC separation units along with a Wyatt multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector such as the DAWN® HELEOS® II or miniDAWN™ TREOS®, for the absolute determination of the molar mass of all kinds of macromolecules in solution. Its dynamic range surpasses that of any comparable device by 50x, without forfeiting sensitivity. The T-rEX possesses several unique capabilities over other on-line refractometers.
The main features of the Optilab® T-rEX™ are listed below:
- Range: -0.0047 to +0.0047 RIU
- Measurement of the absolute refractive index of a solution is crucial for characterizing solvents
- Sensitivity: 7.5x10-10 RIU
- Temperature control (both above and below ambient) - from 4°C-65°C
- Measurement of the dn/dc of a sample at the same wavelength of light as the light scattering instrument is essential for precise polymer characterization