Wyatt Technology’s ViscoStar® III is an on-line differential viscometer that can be paired with the DAWN® HELEOS® II or miniDAWN™ TREOS® multi-angle light scattering detectors to analyze intrinsic viscosity in combination with SEC-MALS-IV and SEC-MALS to determine the characterization of molar mass, size, branching ratio and conformation of proteins, peptides, biopolymers, and synthetic polymers.
The ViscoStar® III has a temperature control that ranges between 4°C to 70°C and can work at the same temperature as the HPLC separation (both below or above ambient).
The main features of the ViscoStar® III are as follows:
- Differential pressure range: 6.9 kPa
- Differential pressure sensitivity: 0.05 Pa
- Dynamic range: 135,000:1
- Drift: < 2.5 Pa/hour
- Minimum quantifiable sample: 0.1 µg of 100 kDa polystyrene in THF
- Automated thermal bridge tuning ensures accurate bridge balance at every run
- A patented pump pulse suppression system reduces pressure fluctuations caused by the pump without losing chromatographic resolution
- A Dual-Peltier thermal control included for optimal isolation of the temperature-sensitive bridge from room temperature variations