The Eclipse™ AF4 system from Wyatt Technology is designed to handle tough operations such as sizing, fractionation, and separation tasks for macromolecules, colloids, and nanoparticles. The main benefit of asymmetric flow field-flow fractionation (AF4) over traditional SEC column chromatography is the fact that it can separate both soluble and colloidal parts over a wide size range from 1 to 1000nm.
The Eclipse AF4 provides exceptional versatility that provides characterization of absolute molar mass and size as well as conjugation and conformation when combined with Wyatt DAWN® or miniDAWN™ MALS detector and Optilab® T-rEX™ refractive index detector.
The main features of the Eclipse™ AF4 are listed below:
- Open separation channel without stationary phase and minimal surface area, thus generating nearly no shear which might degrade sensitive samples
- As only limited surface area is involved, unfavourable interactions between the sample and the surface are reduced relative to sizing columns
- Resolution is nearly similar to analytical ultra-centrifugation; nevertheless it exceeds even this benchmark-sizing instrument when one considers its speed, flexibility, and ease of use
- Combines seamlessly with many top commercial HPLC packages, such as Thermo Scientific, Shimadzu, and Agilent using degassers, high-quality pumps, UV detectors and autosamplers while substituting just the column with an AF4 channel
- Customised chassis are available for organic solvents, aqueous solvents (biocompatible), and in a metal-free version
- In case more versatility is required, the Eclipse DualTec would be an ideal choice as it supports automatic switching between AF4 and SEC as well as the hollow-fiber field-flow fractionation channel for nL-scale separations