QATM’s modular hot mounting press Opal X-Press enables rapid, simultaneous, and independent mounting of different kinds of materialographic specimens.
The modularity of the Opal X-Press hot mounting press provides the best possible configuration for a variety of sample sizes based on customers’ needs.
The basic device comprises a single mold assembly and a control interface. It comes in two models:
- Opal X-Press 2 — this model can be fitted with up to two pressing units in total
- Opal X-Press 4 — this model can be fitted with up to four pressing units in total
The pressing units are separated from the basic device but can be added later, if required. Therefore, samples of up to two (Opal X-Press 2) and four (Opal X-Press 4) different diameters can be produced at the same time in a single device. The diameter of the pressing unit, each with or without chamfer, can be chosen between 25.2 mm, 30 mm, 1¼″ (~32 mm), 1½″ (~38 mm), 40 mm, and 50 mm.
Thanks to the built-in dust extractor Dust Guard, the operator is protected from inhaling fine dust, which is usually discharged when filling the mounting material. The user interface of the basic unit is used to control the external vacuum cleaner.
The press is operated via a 7″ touch screen. Consumables and pre-installed mounting methods are included in the intuitive control software which also allows for storage of over 200 user-defined programs.
The Opal X-Press hot mounting press has been developed to facilitate rapid mounting, including a pre-heat function defined by the user. This feature allows for considerable time-savings compared to other hot mounting presses.
- Opal X-Press 4 — this basic unit can be extended with up to three extra pressing units
- Opal X-Press 2 — this basic unit can be extended with one extra pressing unit
- Modular hot mounting press
- Minimal power consumption and rapid mounting
- A 7″ touch display with new control software
- Dust Guard — fine dust can be removed during filling of mold by a connected vacuum cleaner
- Established one-hand closure system with built-in dirt-trap and suction nozzle
- Excellent flexibility is enabled by cooling modes, preheating function, maintenance tasks, as well as user accounts that have different access rights
|Max. number of pressing units
Opal X-Press 2: up to 2
Opal X-Press 4: up to 4
||Ø 25.2 - 50 mm (6 different sizes)
|Max. pressure in mould assembly depending on mould assembly's size
|Connection power (basic unit)
|Connection power (additional pressing unit)
|W x H x D (basic unit)
||402 x 382 x 563 mm
|W x H x D (additional pressing unit)
||187 x 382 x 449 mm
||~ 50 kg
Content may be subject to modifications or corrections