QATM has introduced a single-wheel grinding and polishing machine called SAPHIR 250 A1-ECO for working wheels Ø 200/250 mm. The machine can be easily operated by using a 4.3″ touch screen.
The new holder developed for the working wheel (single-disc design) allows for operation without using any carrier disc and without affecting the performance. The control software permits editing and saving of up to 200 preparation techniques protected by user account management.
The direction of rotation, speed, and pressure of both head and working disk can be adjusted. Using a spin-cycle function (Cleaning Boost), the grinding and polishing medium can be spin-dried at 750 rpm towards the end of the preparation process in less than 3 seconds.
The powerful machine can be equipped with the dosing system TOPAS ECO, providing highest flexibility and operating convenience for sample preparation.
- Spin-cycle function (Cleaning Boost)
- Single-wheel grinder and polisher
- Up to 200 customized programs can be stored
- 4.3″ touch-screen with intuitive ATM user software
- Polishing head and working wheel can rotate in clockwise/counter-clockwise directions
- Variable speed of polishing head and working wheel
- Bowl can be easily cleaned or rinsed by raising the working wheel (single-disk design)
- Low-cost LED illumination
- Powder-coated aluminum case
- Impact-resistant plastic bowl
||Ø 200/250 mm
|No. of samples (single pressure)
||1-5 samples Ø 40 mm
|Single pressing force
||variable, 5-80 N
|Central pressing force
||variable, 20-285 N (expert mode: 20-350 N)
|Drive power (grinder)
||0.55 kW (S1)
|Drive power (head)
||0.18 kW (S1)
||30 - 600 min-1
||30 - 160 min-1
|W x H x D
||511 x 530-610 x 710 mm
||~ 64 - 72 kg
||1x freshwater connection R½" max. 6 bars
|Dosing system (option)
Content may be subject to modifications or corrections
TOPAS ECO is a fully automatic dosing system that is well-suited for use with the SAPHIR 250 A series of automatic grinders. Four 500 mL glass bottles fitted with screw caps can hold 4x Dia-Complete or 1x lubricant, and 3x suspension, and are filled through a separate lid. The glass bottles are easily removed for cleaning.
The dosing nozzles are placed into a holder connected to the head. The dosing interval of the SAPHIR 250 A devices are controlled via the touch screen and software. The hoses are kept clean by the backflushing function.
- Reverse rinsing function
- Dosing interval can be adjusted
- Automatic dosing unit meant for 3x diamond suspension and 4x Dia-Complete or 1x lubricant
- Regulated by the control software equipped in the SAPHIR 250 A grinders/polishers
- Suspension containers can be refilled and removed
- Suitable for all SAPHIR 250 A grinders/polishers
- Includes dosing nozzles (integrated into a holder fixed to the head)