The Saphir Vibro, a vibratory polishing device, has been designed for the virtually deformation-free preparation of specimen surfaces . This preparation method is particularly suitable for further characterizations such as micro hardness testing, electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) or nano indentation using atomic force microscopy (AFM).
Due to the extremely gentle removal of material, it is well suited for grinding and polishing ductile and soft materials, like pure copper and copper alloys, titanium-aluminum, aluminum alloys, nickel-based alloys and soft steel.
With a diameter of Ø=308 mm, the large bowl offers ample space for polishing of a complete sample holder, large specimens or for the simultaneous polishing of up to 21 mounted specimens. The bowl is available with a double magnetic system. It allows fixing, removing and cleaning of both the bowl or polishing cloth in an extremely fast manner, without the need for any tools or various other fixings. It is possible to use polishing cloths suitable for magnetic system with a diameter of 300 mm or 305 mm (12”).
The user interface is extremely intuitive and offers several user-friendly features Based on the mass of the inserted specimens, the automatic frequency control selects the optimal vibrational frequency in a range from 60 to 120 Hz. Thus, manual adjustment is not required.
- As virtually unlimited polishing time can be selected, the Saphir Vibro is provided with the ATM Surface-Guard. It prevents corrosion or crystallization of the polished surface in the absence of the operator after a preparation ptocess has ended.
- Pre-installed preparation methods and consumables are available for various materials
- The customer may edit and extend a pre-installed list of consumables
- Up to 200 preparation methods can be saved
In order to obtain the best working conditions, the Saphir Vibro is provided with an exhaust connection plug that can connected to an external exhaust air system. The Saphir Vibro provides a low noise operation based on the vibration adsorbing construction.
- Rapid changeable polishing bowl with magnetic system
- Up to 200 custom preparation methods can be saved
- Automatic frequency control from 60-120 Hz, e.g. for mass variation
- Intuitive user interface and touch screen
- Pre-installed preparation methods and consumable list
- Surface-Guard: reduces corrosion and crystallization of the specimen surface
- Low-noise operation, almost indefinite polishing time without supervision
- Exhaust connection plug (exhaust connection for enhanced safety and user-friendliness)
||Ø 308 mm (compatible with 300 mm or 305 mm (12") polishing cloths)
||60 - 120 Hz
|W x H x D
||510 x 300 x 590 mm
||~ 45 kg