The Rosand RH10 and RH7 floor standing capillary rheometers from NETZSCH are used in numerous research labs all over the world. The rugged “H” frame design of these rheometers enables operation under ultra-high loading conditions and offers maximum space for several accessory configurations.
Features and Benefits
Research-level Rosand RH7 and RH10 capillary rheometers offer highly versatile measurement abilities for materials under high shear rate extrusion and high pressure, ranging from foodstuffs to coatings and inks, and from polymer melts to ceramics.
- Twin bore barrels as standard allow simultaneous calculation of extensional (elongational) viscosity and measurements of absolute shear viscosity.
- Wide dynamic speed range (>225,000:1) and high force range (up to 100kN) enable test correlation with real material processing conditions.
- Extensive range of high accuracy tungsten carbide dies as standard to cover all test types and materials.
- Array of optional barrel materials and sizes to allow measurement of thermally sensitive, aqueous-based, or chemically aggressive samples.
- It is possible to use the nitrogen purge option for testing in an inert, dry atmosphere to reduce degradation of the sample.
- Readily exchangeable melt pressure transducers to cover the entire test needs — designed with low noise, triple-stage amplifiers for maximum measurement sensitivity at the die entry while using “zero length” dies (extensional viscosity measurements).
- Integral fume chamber with extraction to discharge sample gases for the safety of the operator.
- Accurate sample temperature control using three separate zone heaters, with 10 times DIN accuracy platinum resistance thermometers. Also available are cooling coil and high temperature (maximum 500 °C) options.
- Proprietary bi-modal speed control algorithms well adapted to low- and high-speed operation improve shear rate measurement range for a specific die.
- Rigid “H” frame design enables compliance-free measurements to be performed in transient tests like pVT determination.
- Optional accessories like melt cutters, die swell measurements, melt strength (Haul Off) and slot die system can be accommodated in the open design below barrel exit.
- User-friendly Flowmaster software with a complete array of analyses and tests for extensional and shear viscosity, and to determine melt fracture, sample stability, and wall slip.
- Simulation of extensional viscosity dominated processes like blow molding, film blowing thermoforming and fiber spinning
- Characterization of the rheology of suspension or polymer over wider temperatures and shear rates
- Assessing the behavior of a material at process-relevant shear rates, like printing and high-speed coating applications
- Evaluating the extrusion behavior for processes such as injection molding and hot melt extrusion
- Measurement of elasticity and related properties, like die swell, of materials
- Detection of polymer instabilities like thermal degradation and melt fracture