The Kinexus DSR rheometer from NETZSCH is a dynamic shear rheometer built for regular analysis and QC testing in the asphalt sector. The rheometer offers true “plug and play” functionality for all environmental control units and measuring systems.
The Kinexus DSR allows advanced Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-based testing with an integrated library of standard test protocols for asphalt and access to typical rheological test modes.
The Kinexus DSR integrates technological innovations that allow ultimate flexibility in rheological test capabilities and standards — for compliance with quality control needs in the Asphalt sector.
- Grade testing to industry protocols such as EN and AASHTO specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation
- Wide range of measurement geometries enhanced for rheological characterization of materials ranging from liquid binders to solid asphalt cores
- All modes of rheological operation — shear rate control, stress control, and direct strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for exact control of sample strain history
- Exclusive rSpace software interface provides full flexibility of test arrangement — ranging from sequence-driven SOP-type functionality to fully customizable test design
- Intelligent geometry recognition with complete auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to ensure the availability of robust data for all measurements
- Solids fixtures for quantifying fatigue or accumulated strain analysis of asphalt cores and Penetrometer adapter for automated penetration testing of asphalt binders
- Full sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard — guaranteeing dependable rheology data for complex materials such as asphalt truly begins before a measurement is carried out
- Outstanding vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and extremely sensitive normal force system for superior quality performance
- Innovative “plug and play” cartridge system for the entire range of temperature and environmental controllers — all mechanical, communication, power, and fluid connections carried out in one simple action
- Multifunctional accessory design — cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups and plate cartridges including interchangeable lower plates — for extensive application coverage and an economical solution