The Wafer Flipper from UHV Design has been developed to support the shift between various system orientations, requiring the wafer to be turned over by 180°.
The design uses the magnetically coupled triple axis transfer arm, thus offering rotary and linear motions with a special sample gripping mechanism. This enables wafers to be tightly gripped with a built-in spring mechanism to prevent excessive compression. The rotary and linear motion of the specimen is obtained through a single actuator with a stroke length ranging from 304 to 1219 mm.
The wafer gripper is actuated by separately rotating the rear portion of the exterior thimble.
- Zero backlash under low load
- Independent rotary and linear motion with a special wafer gripping system
- Unparalleled 140 N axial coupling strength offers secure transfer
- Can be baked to 250°C without having to remove any component
- Built-in spring prevents over-compression of the wafer while gripping
Image Credit: UHV DESIGN LTD