UHV Design’s production-proven MagiDrive series of vacuum rotary feedthroughs allow rotation to be shifted into a vacuum system with the help of a rigid high-flux magnetic coupling. The MagiDrive series does not include any dynamic seals, fluids, or bellows, thereby providing leak-tight and reliable UHV operation.
- Leak-free performance ensured by single-piece vacuum enclosure
- Magnetically coupled design that is fail-safe
- No sliding seals, organics, or bellows
- Magnetic shielding enables use in magnetically sensitive settings
- High torque-to-size ratio
- Can be baked to 250 °C (even magnets)
- Hollow variants enable piling up of concentric drives
- Zero backlash under low acceleration and load
Solid Shaft Option
The solid-shaft array of rotary feedthroughs offers a series of normal shaft options as mentioned in the product configuration options. Users can avail of customized shafts on demand. UHV Design provides a series of extended bearing housings to support the shaft along its rotational axis.
Hollow Shaft Option
The four largest MagiDrive rotary feedthroughs are available in a hollow configuration, terminating with a non-rotating CF flange at the rear. This enables the passing of services via the drive, or alternatively for the fitting of an additional MagiDrive to the rear, thereby offering secondary axes of rotation.
Combined Compact Hollow Rotary and Linear Drive
Magnetically coupled rotation and axial motion are combined in a single device that is also compact. The rotation of a substrate cradle with the lift and using lower motion to enable sample transfer is an example application. Through the hollow drive technology, services can be passed through a substrate heating module.