Eurotherm/Action Instruments has extended its WiModPak wireless industrial I/O series with new expansion modules and long-range versions that will better address the demands of the European and Australian markets. The expansion strengthens Eurotherm's position as a leading solutions provider in the global industrial wireless arena.
The new series includes the 868MHz long-range version for European applications, the 900MHz Australian version, and a faster 2.4GHz version (F series) with low transmission latencies (under 25ms) and high RF bandwidth (up to 250kbps). Setup software has also been significantly enhanced with additional features and includes a firmware upgrade that allows existing devices to significantly improve (10 times) their transmission latency.
"The comprehensive release of new wireless I/O devices, programming, and monitoring software greatly enhances our market position by improving Eurotherm solutions offerings in Europe and Australia, and also giving us a competitive technical edge in the US market while maintaining our same low-cost strategy," says Dan Dudici, Marketing Manager for Eurotherm/Action Instruments. "Significant potential cost-savings exist for plant managers who are considering implementing wireless solutions for expansion projects and new installations. They will also appreciate that our simple "peer-to-peer" installation process with 16 I/O will take less than 15 minutes to set-up."
Additional features of the new release include:
- USB programming module
- Eight digital input cards
- Eight digital output cards (both sinking and sourcing) and four analog output cards (sourcing)
- Wireless I/O with 4DI/4DO
Improved WiModPak setup software features:
- Remote I/O Monitor mode for remote I/O PC display
- Fail safe DO capability (Hi or Lo)
- Exception-based reporting
- Wireless communication loss alarm capability
- Two point calibration for analog I/O
- Includes a firmware upgrade for existing devices