Nylons, sometimes referred to as Polyamides (PA), are available in sheet, rod or tube and are available from Dotmar in a variety of grades suitable for different applications. Nylon can be moulded, cast or extruded and fillers can also be added to the thermoplastic during the manufacturing process to enhance their desirable characteristics.
Nylon rod, sheet and tube are tough, durable, general purpose engineering materials with special grades for industrial applications. Typical application conditions would be medium speed and temperature in rugged, abrasive, impact and high load environments. With excellent bearing properties, high impact strength, low power requirements, high wear resistance and high sliding properties, you are sure to find a Nylon grade suitable for any application.
Here is a list of the Dotmar Nylon range available:
- Ertalon 6SA : High mechanical and damping properties
- Ertalon 66SA : Higher mechanical properties and better dimensional stability
- Ertalon 6PLA : Monomer cast, similar properties to 66SA
- Ertalon 6XAU+: Higher mechanical, wear and creep properties than 6PLA
- Ertalon LFX : Self lubricating, increased wear resistance and reduced co-efficient of friction
- Ertalon 4.6: Polyamide 4.6
- Ertalon 66GF30 : Polyamide 66 glass filled
- Ertalon PA99 FRAS: FRAS rated cast nylon
- Nylatron GS : High mechanical properties with MoS2 filler
- Nylatron GSM : Monomer cast with MoS2 filler
- Nylatron MC901 : High mechanical wear and creep resistance
- Nylatron 703XL : Internally lubricated cast nylon for special applications
- Nylon Sprockets : Reduced chain wear, lightweight with no lubricant required
- Nylon Gears : Reduced wear on mating gear, lightweight, reduced noise with no lubricant required
Together with the range of Nylon grades, Dotmar also offers another source of supply for cast Nylons. Fastrack, situated in North Ryde Sydney, produce cast Nylons that are used mostly when small volume of non standard stock shapes or near net casting is required to ensure a quick time to market.