It’s here! The highly anticipated new MakerBot® Replicator® Z18 3D Printer, with its massive build volume and the best price/performance in the extra-large professional 3D printer category, is now shipping.
Customers who preordered the MakerBot Replicator Z18 a few months ago will start receiving notification that their 3D printer has shipped and arrange for delivery. Orders placed today will have an approximate six- to eight-week lead-time, as products are shipped based on date of order. Also available for shipping are the MakerBot Cart for the MakerBot Replicator Z18 and the MakerBot Filament Case, designed specifically to hold the larger-sized 3D printer and XXL filament spools.
MakerBot, a global leader in desktop 3D printing, originally announced the MakerBot Replicator Z18 at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, and immediately gained recognition from the industry and the media for introducing what MakerBot believes to be one of the most anticipated disruptive products of the year. Mashable named the MakerBot Replicator Z18 among the Best Tech of CES 2014, and MakerBot is very excited to offer professionals experienced in 3D printing the capability to 3D print large-scale models using a MakerBot Replicator Z18.
“The MakerBot Replicator Z18 was named for its large z-axis that produces 3D prints up to 18 inches in height. This is a massive scale for a 3D printer and comparable to 3D printers that cost tens of thousands of dollars more,” noted Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot. “We believe that the MakerBot Replicator Z18 is going to disrupt the industry in that it enables 3D printing of large-scale and complex prototypes and models that were previously out of range for the creative community, many of whom include super-users of 3D printing, the engineers, architects and educators. We are really excited to see what our customers will 3D print with it.”
Key benefits of the MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer:
- A massive build volume of 30.5 L x 30.5 W x 45.7 H cm (12.0 L x 12.0 W x 18.0 H in) that enables 3D printing of extra-large and ultra-tall industrial prototypes, models and products and to print multiple models at once
- Priced at $6,499 (USD), the MakerBot Replicator Z18 offers the best price/performance in the professional 3D printer category
- The new MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder is easy to swap or replace; detects filament absence and automatically pauses a print; and send notifications to the MakerBot Desktop and MakerBot Mobile apps (notifications coming soon)
- The enclosed and heated build chamber is designed for printing large models with minimal curling
- The 3.5-inch full-color LCD display and intuitive dial create a rich user experience
- The on-board camera enables print monitoring and easy sharing to MakerBot Thingiverse® and social networks
- On-board utilities help you set up and maintain your printer
- The MakerBot Replicator Z18 is app and cloud enabled
- USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connectivity ensures a seamless production workflow
- Use of MakerBot PLA Filament
- Paper-thin 100-micron layer resolution creating professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes and complex models; smooth-to-the-touch surfaces that don’t need sanding, finishing or postproduction
- The free MakerBot Desktop app allows storage and organization of 3D design files in a personalized cloud library to find, buy, prepare, preview and share files from one central location
- The free MakerBot Mobile app enables remote monitoring via the on-board camera feed and sends notifications and alerts
- The MakerBot MakerCare Protection Plan provides the highest level of support from the people who know your MakerBot product best
- The MakerBot Replicator Z18 is available at makerbot.com/z18 or through MakerBot’s network of distributors and resellers