Semiconductor equipment manufacturers, fabricators and ceramic material manufacturers rely on Bullen for precision machining of critical components for semiconductor process equipment.
Bullen's extensive knowledge in the machining of glass and ceramics, combined with unique ultrasonic machining capabilities, enable Bullen to provide custom, high-quality, cost-effective solutions meeting the strict requirements of the semiconductor industry.
Bullen's Maching Capabilities for the Semiconductor Industry
Bullen is capable of machining high aspect ratio precision features in 300 mm diameter components in a wide range of semiconductor materials, including:
- CVD Silicon Carbide
- Aluminum Nitride
- Silicon Nitride
- and many others.
Components Typically Machined for the Semiconductor Industry
Bullen machines parts for the semiconductor industry such as:
- Gas distribution plates, showerheads (electrodes)
- Wafer chucks
- Wafer carriers
Bullen's Machining Processes
Typical machining processes that Bullen provide include:
- Fabrication of through-hole vias for semiconductor GDPs
- Fabrication of mesas and cavities for wafer carrier or vacuum applications
- OD grinding
- Face grinding
Why Work with Bullen?
Advantages to working with Bullen:
- Unique ultrasonic machining allows for the machining of multiple features simultaneously, leading to reduced part costs. Learn more about ultrasonic machining.
- Ultrasonic machining is a low MRR process. This means the machined features exhibit little or no subsurface damage, resulting in outstanding particle performance and higher process yields.
- Reliable, consistent high quality means reduced downtime and higher process yields in your process.
- Our ability to handle prototype through production volumes offers you maximum flexibility.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Bullen Ultrasonics Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Bullen Ultrasonics Inc.