5980 Floor Model Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. 5980 floor models are robust, heavy-duty frames commonly used for testing high-strength metals and alloys, advanced composites, aerospace and automotive structures, bolts, fasteners, and plate steels. Frames are available in load capacities of 100, 150, 250, 400 and 600 kN; and several variations are available to accommodate requirements for both extended travel and extra wide test space.
A key advantage of the 5980 floor models is the stiffness of the frame that is especially important when testing high-strength materials such as aerospace composites, metal alloys, and crystalline polymers. Pre-loaded bearings and precision ball screws, a thick crosshead and base beam, and low-stretch drive belts contribute to better performance by producing more accurate modulus and strain values, and minimizing the energy stored during a test.
Easier access to the test area is a very important benefit for the operator. When testing large metal specimens, fasteners, or composite parts, operators often struggle to reach the test area of large frames in order to load a specimen - especially when the grips or fixtures are large. The 400 and 600 kN frames are designed with a lower base height that allows the operator to stand closer to the grips and fixtures, reducing the need to hold heavy test specimens away from the body.
- Load measurement accuracy: +/- 0.5% of reading down to 1/500 of load cell capacity (2580 Series load cells)
- Up to 1 kHz data acquisition rate simultaneous on load, extension, and strain channels
- Speed range of 0.00005 to 1016 mm/min (0.000002 in/min to 40in/min), depending on model
- Lower base height for convenient access to the working test space
- Customizable Control Panel
- Compatible with Bluehill® Software
- Automatic transducer recognition for load cells and extensometers
- Extra height and width options available