AVE 2 is the second generation of Instron’s popular Advanced Video Extensometer, which utilizes patented measurement technology in the fastest and most accurate non-contacting strain measurement device commercially available.
- Complies with the most rigorous testing standards, including ISO 6892-1 and ASTM E8 for metals and ISO 527-2 and ASTM D638 for plastics
- Avoids premature damage to the specimen by measuring strain without touching for the most exact results
- Removes the effect of operators on strain results; generating more reliable and repeatable results
- Measures strain in difficult applications, including at low and high temperatures, or on materials submerged in a fluid bath
- Measures strain through failure on composites or steel without requiring a costly repair
- Measures modulus and strain to failure for virtually any material, including plastics, composites, metals, and elastomers
- Captures rapid events at up to 490 Hz while still obtaining full accuracy
- New operators can be trained quickly with the simple and intuitive controls combined directly into Bluehill® Universal software
- Can be used on any Instron® systems (past and present), as well as non-Instron systems that accept a ± 0-10 V analog input
- Compare your finite element model to real life data using the optional Digital Image Correlation (DIC) software
Same Results in Any Lab
- When measuring microns, even the smallest impact can result in big errors. To generate the most accurate and repeatable results, the AVE 2 uses patented technology to minimize environmental influence on the test results.
- Same lighting conditions will not be present in each and every lab, and lighting can vary all through the day, which can produce different results. To guarantee the AVE 2 sees the same image at all times, Instron uses a patented cross-polarized lighting system (US 7,047,819 B2, EP 1,424,547, B1) that is capable of producing repeatable results irrespective of the your lab’s lighting conditions.
- Standard laboratory ventilation creates air flows which diffract light, leading to errors that can go as high as several microns. The AVE 2 uses patented CDAT fans (US 7,610,815 B2, and EP 1,424,547, B1) which produce a constant air-flow between the camera and the specimen, producing dependable results even if the air conditioner turns on during a test.
Fatigue and Cyclic Applications
- The second generation of the AVE 2 can be configured for cyclic testing using the newest 8800MT dynamic controller and WaveMatrix™ software
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2 - Picture 1
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2 - Picture 2
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2 - Picture 3
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2 - Picture 4
Non-Contacting Video Extensometer - AVE 2 - Picture 5